👩🍳 #diginwithdipti from your kitchen with some ٭ MASALA AUBERGINE FRY ٭ ❤️ I’m a huuuuuuge fan of aubergines, I don’t just like them, I LOVE them! In absolutely ANYTHING. I mean.. one of these is just never enough! I’ve shared my recipe below so you can join in with the scrumptious-ness too!
• 1 Aubergine
• 3-4 tbsp Besan (Chickpea flour)
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp Turmeric
• 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
• 1 tsp Coriander powder
• 1 tsp Cumin powder
• 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
• 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
• Some Chopped coriander
• Cooking oil
1. Play some music 🤷🏻♀️ get that vibe going! (optional)
2. Wash and slice your aubergines then keep them aside.
3. To create the batter, add chickpea flour into a bowl + salt, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander + 2 Tbsp of olive oil, 2 Tbsp water + mix it all up.
4. Grab the slices, drop them in the mix and coat them thoroughly.
5. Let it sit aside for 15 mins + make a yoghurt dip in the meantime - I made mine with some chilli powder, pinch of salt + some lemon juice (this is all optional)
6. Add oil to a heated pan + grab your aubergines, it’s time to get these yummies golden.
7. Grill both sides of the slices until they’re golden.
8. Turn off the gas, grab a plate + DIG IN! 🤤
Personal note: Everyone makes these differently + eats them in different ways. You can eat this with chapattis or as a snack. YOU Enjoy it YOUR way! 🤗 —
I would love to see your version, tag me! 👩🍳
Lots of love ❤️