These are the most common hand injuries:
1. Tendinitis in the hand, wrist, and fingers is caused by the excessive use of repeated movements. Sharp, progressive pain usually occurs, especially when moving the joint. In order to heal, physiotherapy (manual therapy, electrotherapy and cryotherapy) must be carried out.
2. Fracture of the scaphoid bone: this is usually caused by a fall with the open hand, causing pain and inflammation at the base of the thumb. In some cases it is possible to recover immobilizing the area, but sometimes it will be necessary to operate the area.
3. Mallet finger: is caused by trauma that causes the extensor mechanism to break and prevents full extension of the finger. This common injury in football goalkeepers can be treated with physiotherapy and using a splint to keep the tendon shorten till it heals.
4. Ganglions: are soft cysts that are filled with fluid, near tendons or joints. The specific cause of the cyst is unknown and is removed over time. However, if it causes you pain, it must be drained.
5. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: this syndrome is caused by excessive pressure on the nerve of the wrist. It may be due to overuse or being born with a small carpal tunnel. You feel tingling and numbness. The area should be treated with physiotherapy and a good diferential diagnosis should be made to discard Double Crush Syndrome.#tendinitis #fracture #scaphoidbone #carpaltunnel #ganglions #malletfinger #injury #injuries #physiotherapy #hand #handinjury #handedproblems #instadaily #healthy #health #hands #picoftheday #dubai #dubaihealth #healthytip #soccer #pain