I would like to share some amazing points or lesson that I have learned from this book.
1. We all deal with setbacks but in the long run, the quality of our lives often depend on the quality of our habits.
2. If you can get 1% better each day for one year, you'll end up 37 times better by the time you're done.
3. Habits often appear to make no difference until you cross a critical threshold and unlock a new level of performance.
4. In order to make a meaningful difference, habits need to persist long enough to break through this plateau- what I call the Plateau of Latent Potential.
5. Goals are about to the results you want to achieve. System are about the process that lead to those results.
6. The more pride you have in a particular aspect of your identity, the more motivated you will be to maintain the habits associated with it.
7. The process of building habits is actually the process of becoming yourself.
8. Once you have a handle on the type of person you want to be, you can begin taking small steps to reinforce your desired identity.
9. Your habits shape your identity, and your identity shapes your habits.
10. The most effective way to change your habits is to focus not on what you want to achieve, but on who you wish to become.
11. Create an environment where doing the right things is as easy as possible.
12. Reduce the friction associated with good behaviours. When friction is low, habits are easy.
13. Increase the friction associated with bad behaviours. When Friction is high, bad habits are difficult.
14. The two-minute rule states:- "When you start a new habit, it should take less than 2 minutes to do."
15. "It almost always happen that when the immediate consequences is favourable, the later consequences are disastrous, and vice versa....Often, the sweeter the first fruit of a habit, the more bitter are it's later fruits."
16. What is immediately rewarded is repeated. What is immediately punished is avoided.#never #attitude #judge #same #cover #book #bookstagram #bookaddicts #jamesclear #atomichabits