Instant Pot Butter Chicken 🍗
TAG A FRIEND WHO WOULD LOVE THIS!! 😍
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (910 g)
- 4 tsp salt, divided freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion (150 g), finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ginger, 2 inch, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g)
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt (245 g)
- basmati rice, cooked, for serving
- naan bread, for serving
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Dry the chicken thighs with paper towels and season on both sides with 1 tsp salt and black pepper to taste.
2. Set Instant Pot to high on the sauté setting. Melt the butter in the pot, then add the onion and sauté until it begins to soften, 4 mins. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until softened, 2 mins.
3. Add the remaining 3 tsp salt, the paprika, garam masala, and curry powder. Cook, stirring, until the spices are aromatic and toasted, about 1 min.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes and the chicken and stir to combine. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal to close. Set the machine to pressure cook on high and cook for 5 mins.
5. Turn off the Instant Pot and let it vent naturally for 10 mins. Then turn the quick release seal to “vent” and allow any remaining steam to vent.
6. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized pieces.
7. Set the machine to high on the sauté setting. Cook sauce until it is reduced by half, 10–15 mins.
8. Add the yogurt to the sauce and stir to combine. Return the chicken to the pot and stir to coat completely with sauce.
9. Serve chicken with basmati rice and naan and garnish with cilantro.
10. Enjoy! 💕