Curried Tofu Lettuce Wraps with Siracha Crema courtesy of @karismasheth - thanks for filling our hearts and stomachs with such an amazing meal!
You need: extra firm tofu (Na Soya brand), romaine lettuce, siracha, vegan mayonnaise (Follow Your Heart brand), carrots, broccoli, standard regular and Indian spices (listed below), and soy sauce (San J Tamari) :)
R E C I P E:
1. Press dry a pack of extra firm tofu for 4 hours or until fully dry (she cut the block of tofu in half, placed each onto a plate with a paper towel on it, wrapped each in a paper towel, and placed a cutting board with a few heavy books on top to ensure drying). Make sure to replace the paper towels every hour or so.
2. While the tofu is drying, time to start the prep! First, make the sauce - mix together 3 spoons of vegan mayo with siracha, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
3. Second, get ya some romaine lettuce, cut out the core, and there are your lettuce wraps.
4. Third, shred a cup of carrots and mince half a head of broccoli.
5. Once the tofu is dry, preheat oven to 400 degrees, cut all of the tofu up into small squares and coat with corn starch.
Chef’s Tip: More corn starch = more crunch, so make sure to add according to your preference!
6. Place laid out and starched up tofu pieces onto baking sheets and keep in the oven for 30 minutes. Flip all pieces at the 15 minute mark.
7. After 30 minutes, place all the tofu in a bowl and mix in the shredded carrots and minced broccoli, salt, red chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, lemon juice, and oil. GIVE THIS A BIG MIX, but keep it gentle - tofu is frail. And there ya go!
8. Grab the fresh crunchy lettuce wrap 🥬, place a healthy amount of the delicious curried tofu mix on it along with an even healthier amount of the siracha mayo on top 😍, and end it all with gluten-free soy sauce to taste. YOU GUYS WILL LOSE YOUR MIND I SWEAR!
Serves 5-6 people 👨👩👧👧👨👦
#lettucewrap #vegan #veggie #veganfood #glutenfreevegan #foodblog #allergy #allergies #foodallergies #diet #allergyblog #healthydish #healthconscious #cooking #chef