C is for CAKE! 🧁 🎂 🍰 (As suggested by one of our Little Explorers)
You can bake a cake, draw a cake, decorate a cake or colour in a cake!
The activities are endless. What does the word CAKE remind you of? 🧁
Here we have a recipe to bake a delicious chocolate cake that doesn’t include, milk, butter or eggs. Which is great with the current shortages. 👨🍳 We also have a cupcake colouring sheet for you to print & colour in or paint! 🖍🎨 Recipe & ingredients 📝
8 inch square baking pan
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 175°c and grease a 8-inch square pan
2. Add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt into the baking pan and whisk.
3. Use a spoon to scoop out one large well in the middle of the dry ingredients, as well as two small wells at the edge.
4. Pour the vinegar and vanilla into the small wells on the sides and pour the oil in the big well. It's ok if the liquid ingredients spill over onto the rest of the cake.
5. Pour the water over the top of the cake and whisk again to combine everything thoroughly.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cool completely and frost with your favorite chocolate frosting.
If you prefer a vanilla cake, head in over to Little Explorers Nursery Eccles to see that recipe & a different colouring sheet!
Leave a photo of your activity on our Facebook 📸
Or if you did any of the previous days activities over there too!#aclassathomewiththelittleexplorers #alphabetactivities